... about ASSETs: Access SBIR-STTR Scientific &
Engineering Talent system
Did you know that.....
- SBIR Awardees - now over 21,400 - are arguably largest single concentration of technical talent. 500,000 advanced degreed engineers & scientists ...see more
- Collectively, SBIR-STTR involved have issued almost 100,000 patents - overwhelming percentage current and having requisite international holdings. Solid citation rate. Daily, 10-12 USPTO issued patents involve SBIR-STTR involved firms. ...see more
- 25% R&D 100 Awards involve SBIR Awardees - several being multiple winners. Comparable percentages in other technology recognition settings ...see more
- In recent years, ONE in every SEVEN-EIGHT VC dollars invested in US have been to SBIR-STTR involved firm. 2180 firms to date (10.74% of all awardees) investment dollars factoring to 50%+ more than total federal SBIR-STTR awards ($38.44B) ...see more
- 1,713 SBIR-STTR M&A transactions - 7.8% of all awardees. 1126 buyers - 20.45% themselves SBIR awardees, some having outgrown size standards. Major percentage of acquirers are major corporations - many having multiple SBIR acquisitions. Median value: $42M; Average price: $365M ...see more
- 1978 major/mid-sized corporations have working relationships and/or business transactions and relationships with SBIR-involved firms ...see more
.... that ASSET system
outcomes already have enabled hundreds of serious on-their-site discussions between interested Tech Seekers and a wide range of particular SBIR-involved firms; dozens of consummated working relationships and transactions worth in excess of $200M to date. ...see more
The first word of the acronym ASSETs - Access SBIR-STTR Scientific and Engineering Talent system
- defines well what we do as a company and, to a lesser extent, what this site is about.
Offered by Ann Eskesen
- part of the small group which originally worked on development and passage of the SBIR enabling legislation and, since then, longtime leading SBIR advocate - the ASSET System NOT at all about getting, or even managing, SBIR awards
. Nor is it about simply showcasing what the small firms has.
Instead, the effort here is to focus on enabling the Business of Phase III.
Engaging a systematic needs-driven, market-pull approach ... i.e. what does the buyer need - the effort is to provide the various means, the context, the tools, the resources AND the opportunity(ies) required on- and offline systematically and effectively to realize the value of what SBIR-STTR has created. What we do - on- and offline - is pro-actively to enable real business transactions and, even more importantly, through various systems and techniques, to facilitate actual working relationships between
Complementary to those efforts - primary engaged offline - the listing below briefly overviews and provides - though in somewhat truncated form - for general usage by the range of persons with SBIR interest some of the resources we use off-site to support and achieve within our designated space.
- those specific firms among the SBIR Community with the requisite skills-sets and capabilities the Tech Seekers need and want to use, along with the in-place IP and the products they want to buy
- those in major and mid-sized corporations - called here Tech Seekers - wishing to identify, and needing access to, the demonstrated talent, capabilities and in-place outcomes of SBIR-involved firms
Extensive listing of large and mid-sized firms across all industry segments known to have working relationship(s) with SBIR-STTR involved firms OR to be actively seeking such connections. While useful and instructive as is, we know list is not complete. Opportunity provided for input re. form/focus of working relationships not listed here.
Forms of relationships range from simply monitoring; some product purchases; contract and/or sub-award; strategic alliances; (cross) licensing; project partnering; investment; full blown acquisition.
Lists every SBIR-involved firm from earliest through most current awardees profile access to a no-cost Basic Profile with useful indication of extent/form of SBIR participation. More comprehensive Reports (by firm) available for purchase. Opportunity to update and supplement profile - Wiki profile.
Priority listing of firms with In-System Enhanced Profiles - common format, fully indexed mini-website supporting detailed Capability Statements and full back-to-firm access. Enhanced exposure to SBIR firms with Nutshells on file, with Product Catalog listings and/or ASSETs IP Trading involvement.
... in the States. There is considerable interest in many quarters re. how different states are varying in the SBIR-STTR dollar sweepstakes. By a number of variables, this area of the site permits search and display of these data. Not offer online - but available on request - are useful information concerning distribution within Congressional districts. We are also open to allowing those State-based SBIR Support entities who are interested to have an online office with Brass Plate in which their services etc can be posted.